Fanny Koleva is expert in intellectual property. She worked as Assistant Professor at the University of National and World Economy in Sofia, Bulgaria, where she taught courses on intellectual property, financial management of intellectual property, patent policy (in Bulgarian and English), brand management, unfair competition (in Bulgarian and English), patent searches and licensing (in Bulgarian and English). Fanny holds a Master’s degree in finance, a Bachelor’s degree in intellectual property economics, a PhD in economics and management of corporate intellectual property from the University of National and World Economy. She also holds a Master of Laws in Intellectual Property from The University of Turin / WIPO Academy, 8th Edition (2009-2010), where she graduated cum laude. Her professional interests are in the fields of financial aspects of intellectual property, interaction between intellectual property and competition law, and patent information and patent searches. Fanny has worked across multiple projects, spoke at conferences, and delivered specialised training in intellectual property, including the WIPO distance learning courses “Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications” and “Intellectual property management”. She is a member of the International Association for the advancement of teaching and research in intellectual property and European Intellectual Property Teachers’ Network.
- The interface between intellectual property and competition law: Is the refusal of a patentee to license anticompetitive? by Koleva, F. (2010)
- “International encyclopaedia of laws – Intellectual Property – Bulgaria” by Koleva, F., M. Molhova-Vladova, R. Brestnichka (2015)
- First trademark regulations in Bulgaria” by Koleva, F., Journal on European history of law, vol. 7, No. 2, London, UK (2016)
- “Intellectual property crediting: a case study of Bulgarian experience” by Koleva, F., Zeszyty Naukowe Uniwersytetu Jagiellonskiego Prace z Prawa WlasnosciIntelektualnej, 2 (132) (2016)
- “Intellectual property insurance as a management tool” by Koleva, F., Int. J. Intellectual Property Management, Vol. 5, No. 3/4 (2012)
- ‘Realising the financial potential of intellectual property: a case study of Bulgarian companies’ by Koleva, F., Int. J. Intellectual Property Management, Vol. 3, No. 3 (2009)
- “Technological product”, national report “Innovation.bg” by Koleva, F., M. Molhova, Foundation «Applied research and communications”, Sofia (2009)